Go Back   Can-Am Alpina Club > General Discussion > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Introduce Yourself Tell us who you are and where you're from

Site News
Latest 5 Posts Forum Author
Alpina Parts at BMW? 05-13-2022 09:35 AM General Discussion Scooter
Alpina B8 #64 of 93 Limo 05-12-2022 07:33 AM General Discussion Scooter
The Forum is Still Here! 05-10-2022 06:01 AM Off-topic Stirling
for sale - 98 b12 5.7 long in Ontario - not mine 07-02-2021 03:16 PM Alpina Wanted/For Sale Scooter
BlueBus for i-bus equipped BMWs 08-30-2020 04:22 PM General Discussion admin

Old 01-12-2014, 11:26 AM

Thanks! I feel like a bit of a poser driving it, but it's probably the closest I will get to owning a genuine Alpina until I'm done school. And also, I don't care. I love it.

Hmm that's interesting. I have my doubts as to whether the socket would actually be there though. I already found out that there is no OBD port under the dash (only in the engine bay) which seems unusual to me. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there was no provision for the DRL relay. I'm happy with the LED's anyways, and believe I did a good job of wiring them in (if you couldn't tell by looking at my Toyota, I am a firm believer in doing things the right way and absolutely despise corner-cutting).

Next time I'm under the dash I'll have a peek.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:22 PM

No, it doesn't work. I assumed it would be there for my car, so I bought the relay and the two wires only to find out it didn't have the plug for it. I guess it's just a North American thing to have the plug.

Great looking car though Bigshooter. It sound like the previous owner loved it just as much as you do

You're not the first person I've heard complain about JPC Trade. Have you had any other deals with them? I know of an exporter that had a partnership with them where things didn't go well as well.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:30 PM

Don't worry Big Shooter, your a lot closer to owning a real Alpina then I am lol.

I know all Canadian and US E36's have the socket for the relay. Theirs lots of US guys wanting the relays so they can have DRL's. Some US guys will pay up to $80 for the relay from what I have seen. I guess in Japan DRL's are not mandatory?
Old 01-14-2014, 12:13 PM

The car looks great!

On my B3 the fog lights were wired to be "always on", I assume as a cheap fix for the DRL issue when importing. I look forward to coming across those wires one day so I can remove them

Anyone have a link to info on the DRL relay socket so I can see if my car has it?

For the side marker light I replaced the bulb socket in the corner light with the North American 3 wire variety so they were always on with the lights. That was acceptable for the Ontario safety cert.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsmitchell View Post
Anyone have a link to info on the DRL relay socket so I can see if my car has it?
The DRL Module is a blue relay underneath the steering column. This link contains a picture of where it can usually be found:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=708365
Old 08-08-2016, 09:28 AM

Hey Big Shooter - I think I saw this in Regina late last year or early this year. Can't recall. I was pretty confused at the time at why someone went through all the work but now I get it.

I'm in Regina and have a B3 3.0. If you're ever interested in getting the real thing or just checking it out, feel free to reach out.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:23 AM

damn, never thought I will see an oldskool jdm dorifto weapon, mark 2 x81, I love those cars so much if I had a chance to find something like this for a cheaper price, I'd definitely buy it