Go Back   Can-Am Alpina Club > General Discussion > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Introduce Yourself Tell us who you are and where you're from

Site News
Latest 5 Posts Forum Author
Alpina Parts at BMW? 05-13-2022 09:35 AM General Discussion Scooter
Alpina B8 #64 of 93 Limo 05-12-2022 07:33 AM General Discussion Scooter
The Forum is Still Here! 05-10-2022 06:01 AM Off-topic Stirling
for sale - 98 b12 5.7 long in Ontario - not mine 07-02-2021 03:16 PM Alpina Wanted/For Sale Scooter
BlueBus for i-bus equipped BMWs 08-30-2020 04:22 PM General Discussion admin

Old 08-07-2016, 12:12 PM

Default 1984 B9 3.5

Hello all,

I'm Kent and I split my time between Cincinnati, Ohio and Scottsdale, Arizona in the US. I just purchased B9 3.5 number 436, Graphit metallic with Alpina cloth sports seats. This Alpina was imported to the US new in 1984. As best as I can tell, it has about 130,000 miles on it and is in mint condition. It has been featured in Bimmer magazine in May, 2003 and more recently in Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car (December, 2012). It came with a very thick history and service file, all the way back to when it was new. Every owner seems to have cared for it in meticulous fashion and I intend to continue that tradition while driving it as it was intended to be. It will be on display at the "Legends of the Autobahn" concours in Monterey, California on August 19, if you are in the area.

I've attached a link to a photo gallery of the car:
https://kentk.smugmug.com/Alpina-B9-35

Thanks for looking!
Old 08-08-2016, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Great to have you here Kent, beautiful car. Hope you stay around the forum!
The Following User Says Thank You to Stirling For This Useful Post:
KKochheiser (08-08-2016)
Old 08-21-2016, 10:42 AM

Kent:

That's my old car! I heard just this morning that the EAG guys had bought No. 436 back and had it for sale. Googled it and found your post here. Sounds like it went to a good home. Congratulations.

It's a great car, that I enjoyed very much. It was under my stewardship when it was featured in Hemmings. Shoot me an email if you have any questions about its history. Personal email is: lawyermgray at yahoo dot com. If you haven't already, you should update the ownership history of the car on The Alpina Register.

Drive it in good health! Safe travels.

Regards,
Mike Gray
Perry, GA
Old 08-25-2016, 04:57 PM

Hi Mike,

Just back from Monterey and Legends with 436. We had a great visit with Harold, the immediate prior owner, and Andreas Bovensiepen who autographed the car for me. Andy was very impressed with the car and we had a nice long discussion. You and Harold have left the car in better shape than you found it, a tradition that I intend to follow. I'll email you with some questions about chronology but I have the extensive paper file that has made for some great bedtime reading.

Thanks for posting and for being such a great steward!

Kent
Old 08-25-2016, 07:36 PM

Kent:

I'm glad you are enjoying the car and getting it out to events where others can see it as well. It's terrific that you got to meet Herr Bovensiepen!

I was fortunate to be able to add to the collection of event stickers on the underside of the trunk lid, which is a pretty neat record of the car's history. I still have the awards the B9 won at 2009 Euro Auto Fest, Octoberfest when it was held at Lake Lanier, just outside Atlanta, and Vintage at the Vineyards (back when it was actually held at a vineyard).

Please remind me where Harold is from. I recall Eric at EAG telling me that the car sold to a buyer in the midwest - was it Minnesota?

I'm pleased that you are enthusiastic about the car and are having fun with it. I knew when I got a wild hair and sold it, that I'd regret it! Amazing how the value of these old Alpinas has increased over the last couple of years. Shoot me an email off-line if you want to chat further about the car.

Regards,
Mike