Go Back   Can-Am Alpina Club > General Discussion > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Introduce Yourself Tell us who you are and where you're from

Site News
Latest 5 Posts Forum Author
Alpina Parts at BMW? 05-13-2022 09:35 AM General Discussion Scooter
Alpina B8 #64 of 93 Limo 05-12-2022 07:33 AM General Discussion Scooter
The Forum is Still Here! 05-10-2022 06:01 AM Off-topic Stirling
for sale - 98 b12 5.7 long in Ontario - not mine 07-02-2021 03:16 PM Alpina Wanted/For Sale Scooter
BlueBus for i-bus equipped BMWs 08-30-2020 04:22 PM General Discussion admin

Old 01-09-2012, 01:03 PM

and then there was 5....
I am here and thanks for finding me Mark in Toronto
Old 01-09-2012, 03:42 PM

Chris, nice! How was the ride in comparison to any other BMW that you own? I know it
Old 01-10-2012, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpinaMan View Post
Hahahahhahahahahah, I remember the place that this picture was taken. It was an old propane cylinder storage yard that half of the yard was shared between two other used car dealership and the guy that I suppose to deal with had his trailer at the end of the yard and your car was park right were the propane fence was separating three businesses. What a small world.
Obviously your B7 was for sale at that location, so I went to see it and the sales man gave me the key for a test drive, at the first corner the passenger mirror fall off, so I stopped and picked it up. As soon as we got in to Allen Road South and I shifted the second gear to third suddenly some huge noise came out of the car and all of a sudden we lost most of the power, pulled on the side and opened the hood and see the connection between the big pipe and the throttle body was just disintegrated and we decided to limp back to the dealership before something else blow up on us.
That particular day I honestly was out there with my cheque book to purchase the car, but after seeing all these I started checking the car in and out and the rest is history till I found mine a month later.
I see that you still have your car and hope you have fixed your B7 till now and enjoying the ownership, also if you are up to it let us know that we can get together in Toronto sometimes.

Sia
Yes the turbocharger rubber hose slipped off so I sourced a brand new one from Alpina and haven't had a problem since. Also installed a free flow exhaust system soon after purchasing it. It's been a pleasure to drive since.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina B7 View Post
Yes the turbocharger rubber hose slipped off so I sourced a brand new one from Alpina and haven't had a problem since. Also installed a free flow exhaust system soon after purchasing it. It's been a pleasure to drive since.
I am glad to hear that your car is back to normal Eric. let's get to gather sometimes when the weather warms up, or you could join us for a week of driving at RTT.

http://rollingthetwisties.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1TSch-APSs
Old 01-12-2012, 09:38 PM

[QUOTE=AlpinaMan;291]Chris, nice! How was the ride in comparison to any other BMW that you own? I know it
Old 01-13-2012, 07:57 AM

Chris - big progress. That car sat for many many years. You will have it in tip top shape in time, I have no doubt. God those seats still look mint everytime I see pics of them. I look forward to all the updates you have on the progress.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkohler View Post
I drove it a couple of miles to put some fuel in it. Not a particularly great road, but it definitely rides nice and it's very tight. I didn't get on it, though the first time the turbo spooled, it was quite the occasion. Comparing it to my other E28s, I can tell the suspension is something special. The tall gearing takes a bit of getting used to (I don't see any reason to get out of 2nd in town), but it adds to the experience.

The current project going through the cooling system, ignition system, valve adjustment, etc. Also, the brakes need some attention. I'm used to all this stuff by now having rehabbed a few cars that have sat a while. Nothing unexpected. I was just very excited hearing the motor come to life and to find no faults in the drivetrain. I've had the car seven months and moving it under it's own power was a celebratory moment.

Awesome! Glad to hear that you are enjoying your B7Turbo and planning on bring it back to life.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:21 PM

does anyone know what happened to the guy in LA named Brooks who had a green B7 Turbo Saloon? I met him @ BMWCCA O'fest in Pasadena with his car . I have only been in touch with him once since then, a long while back. So there might be another here in States .
Old 01-15-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul 84b7 View Post
does anyone know what happened to the guy in LA named Brooks who had a green B7 Turbo Saloon? I met him @ BMWCCA O'fest in Pasadena with his car . I have only been in touch with him once since then, a long while back. So there might be another here in States .
Mitch Brookhyser. I met him at Bimmerfest two years ago.

He owned the green one that is now with RoyW. As far as I know, he still has his Kastanienrot E12 B7 Turbo and his E9.

I was told he had some information about my B7 Turbo, but I haven't talked to him outside of my Bimmerfest encounter.