Go Back   Can-Am Alpina Club > Buy and Sell > Japan Auction Watch

Notices

Japan Auction Watch Keeping tabs on Alpinas for sale every week

Site News
Latest 5 Posts Forum Author
Alpina Parts at BMW? 05-13-2022 09:35 AM General Discussion Scooter
Alpina B8 #64 of 93 Limo 05-12-2022 07:33 AM General Discussion Scooter
The Forum is Still Here! 05-10-2022 06:01 AM Off-topic Stirling
for sale - 98 b12 5.7 long in Ontario - not mine 07-02-2021 03:16 PM Alpina Wanted/For Sale Scooter
BlueBus for i-bus equipped BMWs 08-30-2020 04:22 PM General Discussion admin

Old 05-19-2014, 04:46 AM
Administrator

What do people do with their cars over there??? Not even close to 1,000 km a year?
Old 05-20-2014, 01:16 PM

Seems crazy to me to buy a car and just let it sit like that.

Those Recaros are the best Alpina seats of that generation. Better than the Sport seats and much better than the M3 "Vaders" IMO.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:32 AM

Yeah, I don't know why you'd go out and spend a bunch of money on a car and then never drive it. With kms that low it's probably still with the original owner as well.

B6 touring....really wanting to put a bid on this but I REALLY don't have any space and the prices for Alpina's and M3's have been really high the last while, so I probably wouldn't be close to winning it anyway Although I think the Euro has been falling, so maybe that will help prices.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scooter For This Useful Post:
Stirling (05-21-2014)
Old 05-23-2014, 06:31 PM

Both cars ended at basically 700k JPY. The sedan didn't sell and the wagon did. The wagon is a nice car, but that's getting pretty high. I might pay that for CIF price but not just for the car. Maybe with a manual trans I would...
Old 09-26-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Both cars ended at basically 700k JPY. The sedan didn't sell and the wagon did. The wagon is a nice car, but that's getting pretty high. I might pay that for CIF price but not just for the car. Maybe with a manual trans I would...
I'm new to this world, so excuse my ignorance - I assume the price would rise once landed and federalized in Canada - any idea what a car like that touring would go for once all that was taken care of?
Old 09-26-2014, 10:38 AM

Are you asking what the total cost would be once everything was paid for once landed and registered to be Canadian Legal? Or are you asking the resale value of it once landed in Canada?

I can tell you that if you want a Touring, don't ever plan on trying to sell it. It will be a nightmare. Theirs only two E36 Tourings in Canada and I know the original importer of the first one. He ended up trying to sell it for over a year before giving up and trading it for an E46 330ci. Now the current owner is also trying to sell it.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post
Are you asking what the total cost would be once everything was paid for once landed and registered to be Canadian Legal? Or are you asking the resale value of it once landed in Canada?

I can tell you that if you want a Touring, don't ever plan on trying to sell it. It will be a nightmare. Theirs only two E36 Tourings in Canada and I know the original importer of the first one. He ended up trying to sell it for over a year before giving up and trading it for an E46 330ci. Now the current owner is also trying to sell it.
Yeah, basically curious what the value would be for one that had been imported and federalized and was ready to go, in Canada. Point taken regarding resale
Old 09-26-2014, 10:41 AM

I don't know if he has moved, but its a green B6 2.8 Touring. Chassis #41 of 136.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post
I don't know if he has moved, but its a green B6 2.8 Touring. Chassis #41 of 136.
Ok cool. So assuming it was in good shape with under 100k kms, in Canada and ready to go, what would be your estimate of its value?
Old 09-26-2014, 10:56 AM

You don't get a car from Japan federalized once it lands. You just have to take it though a provincial inspection.

As Lord Vader mentioned the market here seems to kind of suck for selling these cars. My guess is that to buy one at current prices it will cost you about $12,000 to import a car like you have mentioned. I believe the one Lord Vader mentioned is advertised at around $10,000 and he is having trouble selling it at that price, but I think the kms are a bit higher too (going from memory though).