Go Back   Can-Am Alpina Club > General Discussion > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Introduce Yourself Tell us who you are and where you're from

Site News
Latest 5 Posts Forum Author
Alpina Parts at BMW? 05-13-2022 09:35 AM General Discussion Scooter
Alpina B8 #64 of 93 Limo 05-12-2022 07:33 AM General Discussion Scooter
The Forum is Still Here! 05-10-2022 06:01 AM Off-topic Stirling
for sale - 98 b12 5.7 long in Ontario - not mine 07-02-2021 03:16 PM Alpina Wanted/For Sale Scooter
BlueBus for i-bus equipped BMWs 08-30-2020 04:22 PM General Discussion admin

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2012, 10:52 PM

Default Hello. Member from Arizona

Hi there. Registered for the site last week.

My name is Chris and I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I have an E28 B7 Turbo #0083. It's Polaris with Alpina cloth. The car has 137,000 km. No air conditioning and it was equipped with the gasoline-powered heater under the rear seat.

I bought the car from someone in Virginia. He had the car sitting in a warehouse for three years, having acquired it from someone who let it sit for some time before that. The car is complete minus the front spoiler. The interior is nice save for a couple of dash cracks, so there isn't much that needs doing cosmetically aside from paint and new exterior trim.

I haven't driven the car yet due to the length of time it sat. The motor cranks freely. I have redone the fuel tanks, replaced all rubber fuel hose and am currently waiting for my fuel pump to show up. Once that arrives, I can install it, reconnect the auxiliary tank, put some fuel in and start the car. Then, we'll see what else it needs.

Here's a couple of photographs showing the car when I got it (it's cleaner now):

I'm pretty excited about the car. I also have two E12 M535i, an E28 M535i, an E28 533i and an E34 525it. I've got my hands full, but this is the main project at this point. I've been saving to do the car right, so hopefully we can see results soon.

Last edited by wkohler; 01-02-2012 at 10:57 PM.