Thread: //M or Alpina?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 08:56 AM

Well, I know where you are going with this, but it doesn’t work that way, many people have done this in the past and came to the conclusion that after modifying the whole engine and other components to install the aftermarket turbo properly, the expense will be staggering and the end result would not be something near the factory made turbo application in terms of functionality and long gevity.

Let me give you another example:

Let say the Lamborghinis and Ferraris are the most desirable cars in the world in the eyes of most people, now if you can’t afford to buy one you could always buy a Pontiac Fiero and order a Lambo or Ferrari fiberglass body kit off the internet and install that on Pontiac Fiero chasse and make it look like a Lambo or Ferraris. In you opinion would that conceder a Limbo or Ferrari? And do you get the recognition for the kit car?

So, for this reason lots of enthusiast including myself would want the real thing instead of slapping aftermarket stuff on a BMW. Also as you know there will always be camaraderie between the car collectors in regards to the authenticity and the originality of their Alpinas. So the question of turning an M car to something else to go faster then an Alpina, yes you can but in my opinion I would rather to pay the money once and knowing that I got what I wanted.

Last edited by AlpinaMan; 01-23-2012 at 09:15 AM.