Thread: //M or Alpina?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 07:51 AM

Mab - good discussion. There simply is little comparison to a E28 M car and a Alpina E28. As you know, I too have both. And both drive great and both are fast for what they are. But Alpina has the rarity, and the exclusiveness. Sure you can build a E28 to be a turbo killer but it will never be a Alpina or M5 ever.The value of alpina is in keeping it as close to stock as possible so alpina nuts go friggin crazy with mods for alpinas and not in a good way.
Seeing that there are only a handful or so of these of these B7turbos in NA they will command High dollars. Believe me there are 3 of us here on this thread that would probably let go of our Alpinas for the right price. But the right price would scare the hell out of you and everyone else...But the price is the price and if you want to play be prepared to pay! These cars will continue to rise in price. But will only have a certain small audience of perspective buyers. These buyers will see the value and will share what us 3 had..."I have to have that damn car" where as most will just shake their head in disbelief. The M5 seems to be holding stagnant in price, but more interesting is how the E30 M3 prices are on the rise. Glad this is the case (yea I have one these to). E28s have always had a rough time with increased pricing... It is a desirability thing I guess.