View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 07:48 PM

Car is not in Ontario yet. I am actually at a layover right now flying up to Edmonton to get it. Will spend the weekend there then drive her 1700km home. (not a bad test drive eh?)

Car was registered in Alberta with the Alpina VIN and is insured with the Alpina VIN BUT as a BMW......

Make: BMW
Model: ALPINA

Insured as a 535I. (Insurance asked him... WTF is this car? He says basically a custom 535.... OK, we will insure it as that then... ) No VIN on the insurance card. Insured with co-operators in Alberta.... I think that is partially what made it easy. In fact she gave me a quote of over $1000/yr which I was willing to live with, but once I forwarded the insurance and registration from the PO, the rate went down about 30%. My assumption is this has to do with the fact its insured the same as a 535.

Lol.

So right now I have "temp" insurance to drive it home. I will pick up an in-transit registration permit from Alberta.

Then I get it inspected and voila - it "should" be good to go.

Previous owner said he had an issue with inspecting the brakes though.... The Alpina rotors are thinner than the 535i? I know the shop doing the inspection quite well so I don't anticipate any issues, but we will see I guess.